第四轮朝鲜核问题六方会谈业已在8月7日宣布休会。这个阶段的会议未能发表人们所期待的共同文件，但在会后由中国副外长武大伟宣布的《主席声明》显示，六方一致同意用和平方式解决朝鲜半岛无核化问题是共同目标，下一阶段会谈将在8月29日开始的那一周恢复。外电报道如下：After meeting for 13 straight days, diplomats from the United States, North Korea and four other Asia-region powers decided Sunday to take a recess from talks aimed at getting North Korea to dismantle its nuclear program.
The six-party talks have so fair failed to result in an agreement. The sticking point, officials said Sunday, was North Korea's refusal to abandon all its nuclear programs.
"The issue of getting rid of nuclear weapons should be an obvious one, should be an easy one," said Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill, the U.S. envoy to the talks.
But, he said, given the fact that North Korea had been involved in nuclear weapons programs for more than 20 years, that decision was "difficult" one for them.